Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Safety Award" At Work


         My day was pretty alright. It started by waking up at 5:35am, straightening my uncontrollably wavy hair, throwing on my generic cosmetic clothing and heading out the door. I arrive at work and clocked in at around 6:10am, which makes no sense at all. I live -literally- right across the street from my job, I can throw a rock at hit the parking lot. I may have something to do with me laying down and falling asleep for another 20minutes. Maybe. >_>

       Arriving at work 10 minutes late with still 5 minutes of leeway to spare I clocked in a proceeded to the cold beverage containment facility to retrieve my ever-so-loved elixir of instant awakeness, a Monster Energy Drink. I forget the flavors, but I prefer the orange one. Any-who, once I had my drink I ventured into the mangers office to obtain my trusty box cutter designed to be used by left handed wielders, walked out and a bit further to my destination to find this waiting for my arrival:

This is a "small" truck for cosmetics.

       Yeah. So that picture above is what I spent my day breaking down and placing on the sales floor. A couple of days before today I was given a card stating that I was to attend an awards ceremony at work, so once it hit 11am I made my way to the conference room where it was to be held. When I arrive my friend Manny was walking in a head of my and I was pretty glad to see him, my friend Jon texted saying that he was on his way as well. The meeting started and Jon arrived about 10minutes late, but he didn't miss anything special. Long story short We three recieved different awards. I was given the "Safety Award", which is pretty darn funny. I tend to cut myself on something every day and i'm part of the reason we do not have a solid supply of band aids in the store, but eh, haha. Jon receieved a different award and was given $50 for never missing a day of work for a year. I can't recall what Manny got an award for. After all was said and done they brought a cake for us and everybody was happy.

This was my piece of cake, it was way to sugary for me.

After cake consumption, and having pumped myself with too much sugar to handle, we all said our goodbyes and headed our separate ways, meaning I had to go back and finish the rest of the truck. Jon and I made plans to meet up after I got off work to celebrate our awards by going to Pluckers for some fried pickles. Which we did!





So all in all, I'd say that I lived a pretty "healthy" day today =P

1 comments:

Tre said...

The food looks so yummy :D

Post a Comment